There are lots of newspaper articles about “what will happen next” with regards to Brexit, mostly written by people whose previous predictions have already turned out to be wrong.
So, on the basis that my guess is as likely to be right as anyone else’s, here’s my prediction of the next stages of the Brexit process. As you can see, each stage is worse than the last.
1. UK government asks EU to extend Article 50.
2. EU refuses to extend Article 50.
3. Parliament again votes against No-Deal, despite having no deal to prevent No-Deal.
4. No-Deal Brexit.
5. Closure of the Irish border.
6. Food shortages.
7. Medicine shortages.
8. Troops on the street.
9. Daily Mail celebrates our new-found freedom.
10. A plague of locusts.
11. The Thames turns to blood.
12. Opening of the Seven Seals.
13. Unleashing of the Four Horsemen.
14. War, plague, famine and death.
15. Appointment of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.